Monday, September 20, 2010

MY NEW PRINTING PRESS


Here is a print that I did using a baren.


Here are two prints using my "new" to me printing press.
I used the same ink...Speedball water based ink.


This printing press was a beaten biscuit maker.


My husband added some bolts and metal bar


to make a platform for the metal plate to ride on.
I cut and layered a piece of suede and two pieces of wool felt
to put the stamp on and cover it to cushion the pressing.

I have made beaten biscuits with this machine..
but I just don't need the calories as much as I need a printing press.

8 comments:

  1. Becky this is wonderful. I have no idea what your husband had to do to turn a biscuit maker into a printing press but I am so happy for you!
    Your family members are all so inventive!
    Bravo to all of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.
    I am so excited about it. Takes the work out of printing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks fantastic, I can imagine it takes the work out of printing. Looking forward to swapping with you again this Carve Mensis round :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is your husband for rent? Syd

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all. Can't wait to swap with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That printing press is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely amazing work. The quality of your prints are great!
    So lovely to have found your blog.
    Have a good weekend.

    Many blessings,
    Jo May.

    joannemayillustration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete